> This code is similar to "var a:* = new A(1,2,3);" in my original
> post. Arguments count is statically specified at compile time.
> But I am looking for the way to pass different number of arguments
> to constructor at runtime. Arguments type and count are unknown at
> compilation time, that is why someArgs:Array used.

> Flex 1.5/AS2 implements class constructor as AS2 Function object and
> we were able to call it like Function.apply(context, args). Now we
> are looking for something similar in AS3...

Unfortunately there isn't any similar functionality in AS3, I asked
the same question a few weeks ago and requested an additional method
in the new Class class:

   public function newInstance (constructorArgs:Array) : Object

So that I could write:

   function createInstance (className:String, args:Array) : Object {
       var MyClass:Class = getClassByName(className);
       return MyClass.newInstance(args);
   }

But unfortunately the answer from someone from Adobe was: Since it
isn't in the ECMA-4-spec they will not include it.

There are some corner cases like this (and the prevention of private
and protected constructors) where AS 3 actually is a step back from
AS 2...

Jens
www.oregano-server.org