hi ted,

have you got an example of a flex2 mxmlc ant script that works properly?

Thanks
johan

On 3/23/06, Ted Patrick < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Renaun,

We use ANT on developer machines and on the server for deployment. Typically a single build.xml file sits in the root of the SVN repository for a project. We typically define tasks for incremental SWF and RSL compilation, java compilation, and larger tasks for ground up builds. The smaller tasks are used during development for a faster edit > compile > debug cycle and the larger tasks are used for deployment or when larger changes have been integrated.

Dave is being modest about the larger ANT tasks. In a majority of Cynergy Systems projects, running "ANT tomcat.build" ejects a fully configured Tomcat HTTP/HTTPS server with custom deployed WAR files including compiled SWF/RSL/JARS/JSP/HTML/SERVLETS.

On any project, we are 12 minutes from having a full configured Tomcat server running on any machine. MXMLC/COMPC compilation is about 9 minutes of that build process.

I have been working with the Flex2SDK and the compilation times are much improved at almost 100%-200% gains. On all Flex 2 projects we will be using the Flex2SDK and ANT for build automation both within Flex Builder and ANT directly.

It seems like a lot of work but there is tremendous value gained in terms of software quality and reliability with a standardized build process. ANT does a tremendous amount of work for us so that we can focus on delivering great applications for our consulting clients.

Cheers,

Cynergy Systems, Inc.
Theodore Patrick
Sr. Consultant