I love the idea of an open source development approach for components.  Adobe would be happy to help with you that.

Our plans to support component development are consolidate to 3 key areas.

1)  In Flex 2 we include a developer guide on creating and extending components.  We are also planning a whitepaper on component design theory.

2) We are building a simpler version of a component exchange based on the exchanges that already exist on Adobe.com today - our plan is to add more features over time to this, as we learn more about what the community wants.

It is not our intent to resell the components but we would provide hosting for trial version or free components and link out to your sites to purchase, or so that users can find out more, get updates, etc...

3) We are planning a component developer summit in June with tracks for both visual components and data/sytem level components.  We will host the developers in San Francisco in person as well as online.  The summit and the content that we provide there, and on the site after that, should help a lot with deeper requirements for understanding the framework and our roadmap.

Please let me know if you would be interested in attending this.

There are quite a few developers already building and planning to ship components and we are pretty jazzed by some of the early stuff we are seeing.  If you have thoughts on how you think we should approach this or would like to contribute to or participate in our efforts, or would like us to help you with what you are planning, then please let me know!

Ben
watson-at-adobe-dot-com

Robert Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are we talking about a site that allows component creators to post their components, go through and approval process, then be added to a catalog, be compensated for purchase; maybe affiliate programs also?

"Kelly @ Dekayd Media Inc." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would use it and would be willing to help implement it or host it if
necessary.

I could definitely contribute to it.

Thanks

--Kelly