In your example, your menuBar items do not have any submenus. The change event is only triggered when a submenu item is selected. If a menu has no submenus, the only event that gets triggered when you click the item is the menuShow event.

Joan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of deepu_verma
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:20 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] menu control in flex 2.0 beta 3

Following is my code and I am trying to capture the change event.
But it seems that the change event does not trigger for menu bar
controls only.
<mx:MenuBar labelField="@label"  showRoot="false" width="100%"
change="{mainViewStackHelper.getSearchResultView(event)}" >
<mx:dataProvider>
      <mx:XMLList xmlns="">
      <menuitem label="Menu1">
      </mx:XMLList>