Hi Paul,

So I'm putting my event listener in the application
core.  What I would like is for this event to enter
the event stream and bubble up to the application
core.  Currently, it doesn't look like it even makes
it out of the document that I'm in.  I'm not even sure
that it gets populated outside of the class itself.

What i'd really like is to have this event entered
automatically into the event stream with out having to
have an event repeater.

--- Paul Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Sprite extends EventDispatcher, so you don't need to
> instantiate another
> EventDispatcher in your class.
>
> Instead, try the following:
>
> this.dispatchEvent(new
> Event("AuthenticationFailed",true,false));
>
> If you still have problems can you let us know what
> object you are
> creating your event listener on?
>
> Paul

(checkResult.checkServiceReturnStatus(eventObj,true))

> {
>                                       tempArray =

mx.utils.ArrayUtil.toArray(eventObj.result.lbvServerTos);
>                                       if (tempArray.length > 1)  {
>                                               dpLBVServerData.source =
> tempArray;
>                                       } else  {
>
> dpLBVServerData.removeAll();
>                                       }
>                               } else {
>                                       dpLBVServerData.removeAll();
>                               }
>
>                       }
>

> ------------------------------
> code in the class
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> package comp.webconfig.services       {
>
>       import flash.display.Sprite;
>       import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
>       import mx.controls.Alert;
>       import flash.events.Event;
>       import flash.events.EventDispatcher;
>
>       public class WebServiceCheck extends Sprite             {
>

>               public var isSuccess:Boolean;
>               public var statusType:String;
>               public var message:String;
>               public var rawMessage:String;
>
>               public function WebServiceCheck()  {
>
>               }
>
>                public function

checkServiceReturnStatus(resultToCheck:ResultEvent,alertOnError:Boolean=

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM