How could I pass a value into a headerrenderer so that I can use that
value to perform a specific action in the renderer?

For example here is my renderer:

<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
    <mx:Label text="Hello"/>
    <mx:Image height="20" source="info.gif" click="Alert.show('Hello
World!', 'Message')"/>
    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
                import mx.controls.Alert;
        ]]>
    </mx:Script>
</mx:HBox>

I would like to display something other than hello world for the
alert or even pass multiple variables in to determine how the
renderer will be created.  For example something to determine which
icon to show.

Here is my code that dynamically creates the columns:

private function LoadColumns(event:ResultEvent):void
{
  //Creating an array from an httpservice
  var cols:Array = ArrayUtil.toArray
(columns.lastResult.Columns.Column);
  var newCols:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

  //Looping through the columns and setting the properties
  var count:int = cols.length;
  for(var x:int = 0; x < count; x++)
  {
    var dgCol:DataGridColumn = new DataGridColumn(cols[x].Heading);
    dgCol.dataField = "Data" + x.toString();

    dgCol.headerRenderer = new ClassFactory(HeaderDefinition);
    //OK Here I would like to set the properties
    //dgCol.headerRenderer.someProperty = someValue

    newCols.addItem(dgCol);
  }

  dg.columns = newCols.toArray();

  //Send the httpservice that contains the data for these columns
  data.send();
}

What do I need to do to pass a couple variables into the
headerRenderer??

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

</Torey>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM