From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ralf Bokelberg
Sent: 26 July 2006 09:47
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Equiv of DoEvents, to allow painting?

Hi Daniel,

you could use a Timer for that. updateDisplayList sets up the timer and
returns.
The timer's eventhandler does the drawing.

Cheers,
Ralf.

On 7/26/06, Daniel Tuppeny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't understand your response. If the user chooses not to filter
> the data (and therefore, gets 40k points), IE locks up big time (stops

> responding to paint messages) while the Series runs through its
> updateDisplayList() (and intensive task with 40k interations). I need
> to loop, every, say, 500 iterations, to give some time back to IE for
> responding to messages - otherwise the whole of IE goes white.
>
> In .NET, you can call Application.DoEvents(), which processes messages

> sat on the queue (like paint messages), which would stop this problem.
>
> I need an equivilent in Flex, that I can call when I'm in the middle
> of a lot of processing, to allow FP/IE to respond. Otherwise, anything

> that requres a loop that'll take some time, will always cripple IE
> (and ultimately tell the user IE is "(Not Repsonding)" in the title
bar).

Ralf Bokelberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Flex & Flash Consultant based
in Cologne/Germany

[Inbound Mail Scanned by MessageLabs]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7EuRwD/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM