I have the same problem, but don't know of a fix.

----- Original Message -----
From: "m88e24" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:34 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Using filters on text removes antialiasing

Flex 2 final
Player r15

When using a filter like a GlowEffect on a Text element, antialiasing
seems to be cancelled. When the filter is not defined then the font
looks smooth with antialiasing as normal. I use embedded fonts!

<mx:Text text="SNS 1"
   fontWeight="bold" color="white"
   fontAntiAliasType="advanced" >
   <mx:filters>
      <filters:GlowFilter quality="{BitmapFilterQuality.HIGH}"
color="#000000"/>
   </mx:filters>
</mx:Text>

Does anyone now if there is any other property I must set to keep the
font smooth when using a filter?
The Flex documentation is pretty silent on this matter.