I have a question (or two) about saving/persisting/updating changes
that have been made. I'm trying to maintain some granular level of
control of which managed objects are saved and which are rolled back.

First scenario:

Assume we used dataservice.fill() to load a collection. Is it possible
to save only one item in the collection? How would this be done? The
only method I saw for updating (dataservice.commit()) says it updates
all collections managed by this data service.

Second scenario:

Assume we decided to query each item individually using
dataservice.getItem(), is it possible to save one item at a time? or
to decide which item to save and which to roll back? Again, the
commit() function seems to imply that all changes to all items are
committed.

And lastly, what is the difference between merge() and commit()?

thanks in advance.
Thunder