Beside the whole weak versus strong type checking debate here's a few...

Generalises the command execute method, for example a command may take several types of event objects. Some logic within the execute method would respond programatically to what was given. I know I have a few that do that. Strongly typing the event limits the flexibility of the command.

The rest of the framework is typed to handle CairngormEvent objects particularly the dispatcher. I'm not sure what changes you'd have to make to the framework to accommodate specific event types. Note that Cairngorm 2.1 has an ICommand interface so having specific event types would break in the new version.

Angus