Hi.  I know there is someone who knows the answer.  It may be the
unreachable Ted Patrick, who claims he knows the answer in his blog,
instead of including the solution, has a link that is now dead to the
solution.  I am hoping that someone else @ Adobe also knows the
answer.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply here if you know how to solve the
following problem:

I am trying to use the fileIO.swf file to provide file upload/download
in a Flex application.  Works everywhere except Firefox when using
HTTPS.  I have read that I can do System.security.loadPolicyFile and
load a different cross doman policy file, and I have done that, but it
does not help.  I have tried using:

 <allow-access-from domain="*"  to-ports="*"/>

and
 <allow-access-from domain="*" />

with or without 'secure="false"' in both the /crossdomain.xml and in
the  file I load specifically with loadPolicyFile().

I can clearly see the swf file content seems to be loaded, but when I
try to upload I always get an IOError "event", which yields no useful
information other than the fact that something failed.

Can anyone help me?  Is this something that Flex just can not handle?

Steve

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: