What about overriding the onTweenUpdate event handlers didn't work?

I'll try to whip together an example that works in the next day or two.

-deepa

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of dorkie dork from dorktown
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:23 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Fade from one color to another

@dustin - that worked for simple colors that are close by but not for
pure white to pure black #FFFFFF, #000000

@deepa - i could not get that to work after one hour.

i decided to try to dissolve from one state to another. one state has a
white background. the other state has a black background. the code i
wrote makes sense to me but the effects are triggering at the wrong
time. shouldn't this work? if there is more the fromState and toState
are misleading.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute" styleName="plain">
    <mx:states>
        <mx:State name="blackState">
            <mx:SetProperty target="{button1}" name="label" value="Fade
to White"/>
            <mx:SetStyle name="backgroundColor" value="0x000000"/>
            <mx:SetEventHandler target="{button1}" name="click"
handler="{currentState=''}"/>
        </mx:State>
    </mx:states>

    <!-- Fade to black -->
    <!-- When user clicks a button the screen should fade to black-->
    <!-- After application /state fades to black switch states -->
    <!-- After switching states fade up from black -->
    <mx:transitions>
        <mx:Transition fromState="" toState="blackState">
            <mx:Parallel>
                <mx:Dissolve duration="4000" alphaTo="1" color="#000000"
target="{this}"/>
            </mx:Parallel>
        </mx:Transition>
        <mx:Transition fromState="blackState" toState="">
            <mx:Parallel>
                <mx:Dissolve duration="4000" alphaTo="1" color="#FFFFFF"
target="{this}"/>
            </mx:Parallel>
        </mx:Transition>
    </mx:transitions>
    <mx:Button x="120" y="139" horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"
label="Fade to Black" id="button1" click="{currentState='blackState'}"/>

</mx:Application>

On 12/4/06, Deepa Subramaniam < [EMAIL PROTECTED]