________________________________

        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of genius_gen2k
        Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:50 AM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] Instantiating Class Dynamically

        Hello Everyone,

        I am trying to instantiate a class dynamically via the data from
an
        external XML file. I get the class name as a String in Flex code
and
        then I have applied the below code to instantiate that string as
        class. Here "MyClass" is a custom class inside the "com.apps"
        package. I have also imported the above class with fully
qualified
        name.

        I have a code written as below:

        try {
        var dynamicClass: String = "com.apps.MyClass";
        var classRef:Class = flash.utils. getDefinitionByN
ame(dynamicClass )
        as Class;
        var myClass:* = new classRef();
        }
        catch(e:ReferenceEr ror) {
        tracer.traceMe( e.errorID + " "+e.message);
        }

        This code works perfectly with the standard Flex classes like
        "flash.display. MovieClip" but gives me Reference error (code
1065)
        when I use "com.apps.MyClass" for the dynamicClass statement
above.

        Anything specific needed to be done with the custom class, to
make it
        accessible, the way MovieClip class is accessed. Any ideas of
how do
        i go about this?

        Amol.