I get a Run-Time Error #1010 on my datagrid control when I scroll
vertically. The problem would not happen everytime so I was having a
hard time fixing it. This is the exact error message I would get.

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
at
mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mx.controls.listClasses:ListBase::sc
rollVertically()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\listClasses\ListBase.as:5260]
at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::scrollVertically()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\DataGrid.as:1887]
at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/set verticalScrollPosition()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\listClasses\ListBase.as:1018]
at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::scrollHandler()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\DataGrid.as:1694]
at
flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEv
entFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at
mx.controls.scrollClasses::ScrollBar/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx
/internal::dispatchScrollEvent()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\scrollClasses\ScrollBar.as:1095
at
mx.controls.scrollClasses::ScrollBar/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx
/internal::pageScroll()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\scrollClasses\ScrollBar.as:1079
at
mx.controls.scrollClasses::ScrollBar/mx.controls.scrollClasses:ScrollB
ar::scrollTrack_mouseDownHandler()
[C:\dev\GMC\sdk\frameworks\mx\controls\scrollClasses\ScrollBar.as:1215
]

I know now that my itemRenderer on my datagrid columns is causing
this error. Depending on the columns return from my remote call I
determine if a specific column is to use the item renderer.

if( col.allowFilter )
{
trace("Execute ItemRenderer!");
filterRenderer = new ClassFactory(ColumnFilterRenderer);
filterRenderer.properties = {dataField: name };
newColumn.itemRenderer = filterRenderer;
newColumn.rendererIsEditor = true;
}

I looks like the datagrid gets confused and how many rows there are
to renderer. I can reproduce the problem like so:

1. I click on a node in a Tree control which loads 50 rows into my
datagrid causing it to scroll vertically. I can scroll these results
fine.
2. I click on a node in a Tree control which loads more then 50 rows
into my datagrid causing it to scroll vertically. If I try to scroll
I get the run-time error.

So I can reproduce the error only if I load a small result set that
scrolls then load a larger result set that scrolls. If I load a large
result set first then a smaller one I don't get the run-time error.
If I load a small result set that scrolls then one that does not then
a large one that does I don't get the error. I think the listItems
variable in the ListBase class is getting confused on how many
itemRenderers it needs to actually render.