AS3 does not make it possible to access a method which has been
overridden. You'll have to modify the AutoComplete code.

- Gordon

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of JWOpitz
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 9:58 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: super.super?

Hi Chris,

I am currently trying to extend the AutoComplete component that Adobe
released recently. AutoComplete extends ComboBox and it overrides a
few methods such as keyDownHandler and UpdateDisplayList. In my
subclass of AutoComplete I want to access the originally defined
keyDownHandler and updateDisplayList in ComboBox, essentially
bypassing the methods overridden in AutoComplete.

I tried super.super.someMethod and it is not possible. The bulk of
AutoComplete, I want to use, but those two methods are displaying
undesirable results which need to be changed.

Thanks,

, Chris Velevitch