Your classes would need to extend EventDispatcher.  Then they can use
the dispatchEvent function to dispatch events.  To receive events you
either need to put event listeners directly on the class or on the
SystemManager.  If you put the listener on the SystemManager then you
need to make sure the event bubbles. If you need a specific example I
can try to work one up.

pd