From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ralf Bokelberg
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:54 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] observing a model change in cairngorm

Hi Grant
Can't you use a binding function?

dataProvider="{ massageData( ModelLocator.getInstance().myData ) }"

Cheers
Ralf.

On 2/17/07, Gareth Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

        Why not define an as class for your model (if you aren't
already), and define a separate variable that you can populate on the
other data being set?

        The snippet I posted is from something I've done that looks like
this....

        public function set jobs (data:ArrayCollection) : void
                {
                    _jobs = data;
                    buildJobsTree(_jobs);
                }

        Not sure if its the best option.. but it certainly works for me.

        Either that, or there are some observer classes from Adobe
Consulting that allow you to watch changes to your model from the UI.

        Cheers
        Gareth.

        Grant Davies wrote:

                Thanks gareth..

                the model is used by multiple views, a grid and a chart,
the chart needs the xml from the model manipulated a little differently
than the grid does...

                grant

                > b l u e t u b e i n t e r a c t i v e.
                .: grant davies