BINGO!!!

Your information is just what I needed! My child apps couldn't access
certain objects that were instantiated by another child app. As a
'proof of concept' I created some dummy variables in my parent app
that were objects used in my child apps (private var
aaa:ComponentInChildren), so then the child apps had access to the
objects, and VOILA! It worked!

Now I just need to implement the child and parent apps in a more
acceptable fashion. Thanks so much!