I've been looking all day and can't find a solution to this -
although I'm sure it's very simple.

I have a main application that I'm using a ViewStack in:

<mx:ViewStack id="preTrafficNav" width="100%" height="100%"
creationPolicy="all" x="10" y="90">
        <v:JobSearch id="jobsearch" width="100%" height="100%"/>
        <v:Timeline3 id="timeline3" width="98%" height="711"/>
</mx:ViewStack>

This works great.  :-)

The JobSearch.mxml page has a button that when you click on it, I
want to take the job_id variable I've declared and pass it to the
Timeline3 page and have that page as the main page.

If I put the button on the main.mxml page, everything works fine
(except for passing the variable, but it will at least change the
page)... but if I put the button on the JobSearch.mxml page it
doesn't work.  I guess I don't know the syntax for doing that.

If someone would help me with the syntax to link from one child to
another, when the children are their own mxml pages I would be soooo
appreciative.

Thanks!

April