From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Darren Houle
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:56 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] FDS to CF RemoteObject

I have built a Flex app that loads from the CF server and successfully
calls
a RemoteObject (CFC) back on that same CF server. I'm using the basic
"ColdFusion" destination in the services-config.xml which looks like...

<channels>
<channel-definition id="my-cfamf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
<endpoint
uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/flex2gateway/";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
<properties>
<polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
<serialization>
<instantiate-types>false</instantiate-types>
</serialization>
</properties>
</channel-definition>
</channels>

<services>
<service id="coldfusion-flashremoting-service"
class="flex.messaging.services.RemotingService"
messageTypes="flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage">
<adapters>
<adapter-definition id="cf-object"
class="coldfusion.flash.messaging.ColdFusionAdapter" default="true"/>
</adapters>
<destination id="ColdFusion">
<channels>
<channel ref="my-cfamf"/>
</channels>
<properties>
<source>*</source>
<access>
<use-mappings>false</use-mappings>
<method-access-level>remote</method-access-level>
</access>
<property-case>
<force-cfc-lowercase>false</force-cfc-lowercase>
<force-query-lowercase>false</force-query-lowercase>
<force-struct-lowercase>false</force-struct-lowercase>
</property-case>
</properties>
</destination>
</service>
</services>

That works fine, but I have just installed FDS w/integrated Jrun on the
same
physical box CF Enterprise is running on. What I need to do is move this

Flex app to the newly installed FDS server so that I can add Data
Management
functionality to the app, but I want the app to also continue using that

existing RemoteObject call. I realize I can't use the same CF channel or

service definitions in the FDS services-config.xml, but what do I use?
I've
tried many unsuccessful combinations including...

<channels>
<channel-definition id="cf-amf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
<endpoint uri="http://localhost/{context.root}/messagebroker/amf";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
<properties>
<polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
</properties>
</channel-definition>
</channels>

<services>
<service id="remoting-service"
class="flex.messaging.services.RemotingService"
messageTypes="flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage">
<adapters>
<adapter-definition id="java-object"
class="flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter"
default="true"/>
</adapters>
<default-channels>
<channel ref="cf-amf"/>
</default-channels>
<destination id="TransferCenterAuth">
<properties>
<source>*</source>
<scope>request</scope>
</properties>
</destination>
</service>
</services>

Is there a simple solution for using RO's in FDS when redirecting them
to a
parallel CF server, or do I have to set up all kinds of complicated
channels, destinations, and messaging gateways on both servers just to
call
a RO?

Thanks!

Darren