Sorry, I think I may have asked the wrong question not knowing the
proper lingo.  I believe what I'm actually looking for are tutorials
on how to extend a component.  I need to get a barchart to do
something it normally doesn't do so I need to extend the barchart
class or the barSeriesItem or maybe even something else.  And that's
where I'm getting hung up.  I don't understand how you know what you
need to extend.  I'm looking in the docs but I can't find that piece.
I see some examples, but nothing that really explains it in detail.