Yeah, the flash player isn't going to have much trouble with most of
what you can throw at it. We have our clients doing a lot of work, but
our servers still do all the heavy lifting. If we ever send XML to the
client anymore it's for AJAX things outside of flex or it's SOAP
requests. Objects will almost always be a better choice.

There are a lot of things that we just won't do on the client, like
text indexing or any other heavy processing unless the user expects
it.  Generally that violates those unwritten social contracts about
what online services can or should do on the client.