Thanks for your reply Mark

> Why would it matter for the API whether or not event dispatching was
asynchronous? Clients still listen for events and hear them; the only
difference would be that the stack would get taller on the sync calls.

The main reason is that I want to give the "user" of the api the
ability to add some custom information to the return value of the data
model call and make that available in the callback (much like one can
add 'stuff' to the AsyncToken returned from e.g. an HTTPService
invocation).

> If you *really* needed to make ape async behavior, you could have
the sync methods use a doLater() method to wait a frame before
broadcasting an event.

Thanks for the doLater() pointer. I can only find info on
UIModel.doLater() in the 1.5 docs of flex. Has something changed in
2.0 in that context.

Again, I appreciate people taking the time to get be bootstrapped with
flex.

Peter