I have trying to figure out how best to accomplish the two-way data
binding needed for form entry.  Here is what I thought would work,
but it doesn't seem to:

ON MODEL:
I created two variables that hold my VO.

model.pendingContact
model.newContact

The user clicks a button to get ContactVO data from the server.  In
the command class I assign the result (which is a typed PHP
ContactVO) to each variable:

model.pendingContact = data.result;
model.newContact = data.result;

I then bind my form fields to "model.pendingContact"  so that the
existing values from the server show up in the TextInput fields.

Lastly, I use the BindingUtil methods to bind the "text" property of
the TextInput fields back to "model.newContact" so that I can record
any changes and send them back to the server.

When the user submits the form, "model.pendingContact" should hold
the old values & "model.newContact" should have the new values.
Correct??

Am I overlooking something.  The only way I can get this to work is
if I don't assign "model.newContact" to the values from the server
and instead create a new instance like this:

model.pendingContact = data.result;
model.newContact = new ContactVO;

However, I can't do this because I need the newContact to start out
with the old values from the server.  Is there a duplicate or clone
object method that I need to use so that both model variables can be
assigned to the same object from the server??

Thanks for the help.

- Kevin