Alright, so here is the real problem.  FileReference.upload never
shares session/cookies/headers/(all the stuff we can't set) with the
browser or other requests made from Flash.  This is a huge problem.
How are we supposed to manage a secure server environment when the
security issues on the client tie our hands?  I have tried every trick
in the book to get this to work and frankly I don't see any compelling
reason to continue using Flex if we can't have a bit more control over
server communication.