hehe  sorry Tom, i was in a rush.
  let i try clarify something with code.
  here is a laszlo dataset  (something equivalent to flex HTTPService)

  <dataset name="dsRQ" type="http" src="${'/calamb/Servlets/ServVeiculo'}"
                request="false" querytype="POST"/>

  it already "glue" to its parent. With "glue" i mean it register
already a lot of data events and all children share the datascope

  on my UI i need just to set an attribute "datapath" and the UI for
itself catch a value when a valid node appear on the xpath.
  something like:

  <edittext name="edtDescricao"
datapath="local:dsRQ:/root/request/Veiculo/@Descricao" />

  where the edittext tag is, in flex, equivalent to <mx:TextInput />

  there are also "datapointers". These you can bind with some nodes of
the data you want. They tell you when there are something you are
interested.
  like:
<datapointer name="dpRP" xpath="local:dsRQ:/root/response/">
  and now i am warned when the "reponse" node comes from the server,
ready for handle it.

  of course, flex could do the same thing, but it will necessary some
coding to create this kind of enviroment.

[]'s

   - Luís Eduardo.

Tom Chiverton escreveu:

>On Tuesday 17 Apr 2007, Luis Eduardo wrote:
>

>>  datapointers dont have equivalent in flex. U have to connect it "by
>>hand". (edit.text = datareturned.text or something like that..)
>>

>Umm...
><mx:Text id="edit" text="{ datareturned.text }"/>
>?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: