--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Friday 11 May 2007, Cosma wrote:
> > Thank for the response Tom. However, what are the advantages of
> > implementing a model locator, when it is alway used from one
> > single component?
>
> You may find it handy to have many 'layout' components, and nest
> them, just to keep the indenting and file size undercontrol.
> Even if you have only one, decoupling the view from the model is a
> good idea.

It doesn't make sense to me yet. If the 'layout' components can be
nested, then each element of the chain must expose and correctly pass
over to its child all the required model objects - with deep and
complex view structures this can be a nightmare to debug and mantain.
In this scenario, a "always-ask-the-model-locator" approach seems more
appropriate.

Maybe I should just accept that a view component must remain tied to a
specific model element..