I've been running Windows Vista since mid-November 2006. I find it to be
more stable and reliable than Windows XP. I do still have a few
compatibility problems with some programs and hardware devices who's
manufacturers have not released updates, but this is to be expected with
any new Windows version.

As for Flex on Vista: Flex 2.01 works pretty well on Vista but is still
unsupported by Adobe. I use Eclipse 3.2.2, with Flex 2.01 installed as a
Plug-in and find it works very well. It's easily good enough for
production work. I also use the Subclipse add-in and find it works very
well.

It does not play well with the new Aero Glass look though, and often
causes Vista to revert to the Basic look. Vista goes back to Aero once
Eclipse is closed. This same thing happens in many Java programs so I
think the problem may be JRE related and not specifically Eclipse/Flex,
but I'm not sure.

- Kelly

Steve Kellogg wrote:

> Hey Folks, I need some quick advice:
>
> I’ve been avoiding the switch to Vista as long as possible (simply
> because I didn’t want to risk an interruption in productivity).
>
> NOW, however I seem to have a dying laptop, and the decision has
> become more urgent.
>
> Do you guys have any feel for whether Flex/Eclipse is running ok/well
> on Vista? Any specific problems I should watch out for? Does anyone
> use the SeapineSCM plugin with it on Vista? Does Apollo seem to be ok
> on Vista?
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional