systemManager.stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN,
keyDownListener);

My test was lower-level than that, but it should call keyDownListener.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of jack_freud
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 6:30 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: keypress stops working after browser loses
focus

Thanks for trying that, and that sounds like potentially good news.

I'm not sure how to listen to the stage... I put the listener in the
component with the canvas that is the parent of the objects... I
assume the stage is at a higher level in the hierarchy? How would I
pass the event back down to the canvas that needs it?

Note that this canvas/container did get an activate event when I came
back, and in that event's handler I added the listener, but nothing
happened.

Thanks,
Jack