Finally got my httprequest to work, but the results come back as xml;
I was hoping to use e4x (cause I used to be all about xfactorstudio's
xpath classes) -- but I'm curious how I'd get the toplevel 'success'
response:

<results>
   <success>false</success>
   <user_id/>
   <error>city can't be blank</error>
   <error>zip is not a number</error>
   <error>zip is the wrong length (should be 5 characters)</error>
   <error>address_line_1 can't be blank</error>
   <error>first_name can't be blank</error>
   <error>password can't be blank</error>
   <error>last_name can't be blank</error>
   <error>state can't be blank</error>
   <error>email is invalid</error>
   <error>email can't be blank</error>
</results>

I thought it would be like xml.results.success but it doesn't seem to
be returning...