Thanks Mike -- but it doesn't seem to be working with AddChild; it seems that when I do an addChild, nothing gets inited...

On Sep 12, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Mike Krotscheck wrote:

You need to have the addChild in the state declaration and the transition itself, but yes- effectively what you’re doing is telling the state when it should remove the child. Here’s a brief example on something I did recently- it’s not AddChild, but if I hadn’t built it out explicitly like this the removechild of the state itself would have fired before the transition started.

<mx:Transition fromState="state1" toState="state2">
                                    <mx:Sequence>
<mx:Parallel duration="2000">
                                                            <mx:Move
target="{floatingOffStageComponent}" xFrom="0" xTo="-400" easingFunction="{mx.effects.easing.Cubic.easeOut}" />
                                                            <mx:Move
target="{floatingOnStageComponent}" xFrom="-400" xTo="0" easingFunction="{mx.effects.easing.Cubic.easeOut}" />
                                                </mx:Parallel>
<mx:RemoveChildAction target="{floatingOffStageComponent}" />
                                    </mx:Sequence>
                        </mx:Transition>

Michael Krotscheck
Senior Developer