Hi Greg,

Confusing though it may be, java 5 and java 1.5 are the same thing. See
the link below for more on this:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/relnotes/version-5.0.html

The IManaged error is a compile-time error in generated ActionScript
code which is why it shows up in a strange place in your source code. If
you use the [Managed] metadata tag before a class declaration, the
compiler will update the class to implement the IManaged interface
'behind the scenes'. There's a bit of information on the relationship
between IManaged and [Managed] at the link below.

http://www.adobe.us/livedocs/flex/2/langref/mx/data/IManaged.html

The compiler can't find the definition of the IManaged interface. I
believe this interface is included as part of fds.swc, so you should
check that you have this library on your build path.

I'm not sure what's causing the third problem you mention, the
'getRemoteObject' function has been in the Cairngorm ServiceLocator
since version 2.1. Perhaps double-check your version of cairngorm.swc?

Also not sure about the fourth problem, but you may need to clean-up or
reset your designated Flex applications. The link below may be useful:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/html/projects_035_14.html#159004

Hope this helps,

Paul