General question here...

I understand Event flow with objects in the display list. They flow
either up (bubbling) or down (capture) between parent and child. Maybe
an oversimplification but my question really is about how to handle
events with objects that are not in the display list. How do you pass
events from them? Like for instance, I've got this situation here...

I have an MXML that is just an <mx:Object>. It's MXML because I'm
defining some remoteObjects in it and that's just way more fun to do
in MXML than in AS. So anyway, regardless, the methods inside are
static and I don't want to draw the thing. It just needs to hang out
and be available so I can make these remoting calls.

So there's the rub. How can this MXML talk back to where it was called
from? Can I use events for this or do I need to send a callback function?

Any wisdom here would be awesome... this has been befuddling me for a
while.

-b