Well, that's just it. I don't have a mouseMove event as I'm trying to
test when the mouse is not over a flash container. MouseMove is not
heard by this window unless inside of the window...

Unless someone knows how to listen to something crazy like
System.system MouseMove.... ??

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe checking the Array from "getObjectsUnderPoint" could help
you, inside a MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE event.

> -- Keith H --
>

> ---- Matt Maher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is there a class or object out there that I can get reference to
the
> > mouse no matter where it is? I can't seem to find anything.
> >
> > I have an AIR app with multiple native windows. I want to show
things
> > in those windows while the mouse is over them, but not show them
when
> > the mouse is elsewhere.
> >
> > I have implemented the normal mouseOver mouseOut stuff but it's
very
> > easy to get into a scenario where mouseOut doesn't get called
(another
> > non-air window overlapping the air window for example). So I
think I
> > need to implement some form of collision detection in reverse. I
think
> > running a timer once I show things in the window (with mouseOver)
> > test to make sure the mouse is still within the boundaries of
said
> > window. But I cannot seem to get reference to the mouse without
an
> > event. And as far I know events are not broadcast into AIR when
they
> > occur outside of AIR (as far as I have been able to replicate at
least).

> > Can someone steer me a bit here? I HAVE found the "deactivate"
event on
> > a native window. At least if the user clicks somewhere else then
I can