From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Andrews
Sent: 05 December 2007 09:57
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] How does Panel work in designer / layout?

----- Original Message -----

        From: Mark Ingram <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>

        Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:48 AM

        Hi, how does the Panel class work in the designer? i.e. when I
drag a button on, the designer knows to place the button inside the
white area in the centre of the panel. All coordinates are in relation
to that white area.

        I have a container class which is similar in layout to the panel
(but different enough to require a separate class) and I want to be able
to add it to another container and then add controls to it.

        I hope that makes sense. Maybe this ascii drawing will help :-)

        |-------------------|

        |                        |

        |    |----------|     |

        If I drop a button onto this control, I want all coordinates to
be in relation to the centre container.

If the button is inside the container, it's coordinates will be relative
to the container.

        Thanks,

        Mark