Modules.  See my blog (blogs.adobe.com/aharui)

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lachlan Cotter
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:29 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Loading classes at runtime from RSLs, SWCs etc.

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can offer some advice on dynamic loading
of classes at runtime.

What I would like to achieve is to create a library of view classes
(effect classes to be specific) which can by dynamically loaded into
a Flex application at run time. I don't want to re-compile the main
application when new classes become available.

All the classes will conform to an abstract interface.

Ideally, when new classes are available, I want to compile them into
SWC files and place them in a directory on the server so that next
time the Flex application is run, it can detect the available classes
and present a list that the user can choose from.

I've got the idea you can do something like this with SWC files
published from Flash CS3.

Can someone point me toward some resources or offer some tips that
might help me ask a better question.

Cheers,
Lach