I am trying to make a HTTPService or URLRequest call to a remote
service. This call needs user authentication and I tried to put
username/password into the code and use the request header to send
these parameter. So far no success in making the call. Some search
indicates may has something to do with URLRequstHeader and
Authorization. See the below link from a blog. It said that whether they
[Your application] are created with Flex 2, Flex 3, AS3 or Flash IDE. If its
headed for the browser and your user has updated to Flash Player 9.0.115
this code will error. Is this true? If so, what is the alternative to get
around
with login prompt?

Thanks

http://blog.simb.net/2008/01/28/the-sky-is-falling-urlrequstheader-and-