Tom makes a good point.  It depends on what kind of skills you want to
bring in.  ecancil's suggestions are ok if you're looking to do a lot
of work with custom components.

When getting developers to help create "standard" application, I'd
weigh a lot more heavily on the as3 questions.  Aside from basic "show
me how you'd write X" algorithm questions, you can ask more in depth
ones about the workings of the language:

1) What's the difference between Java and AS3 getters and setters?
2) Explain how binding works in mxml components.
3) What's the difference between ChangeWatcher.watch, and
BindingUtils.bindProperty?
4) Why would you want to keep a reference to a ChangeWatcher and call
unwatch()?

Architecture
5) How do you add event listeners in mxml components.  Now AS3 components?
6) What does calling preventDefault() on an event do?  How is this
enforced?
7) (If applicable) Explain the lifecycle of a Cairngorm action.

More
8) What are some ways to specify styles on components?
9) What is the problem with calling setStyle()
10) Explain the difference between creating an effect and setting the
target as opposed to adding an effectListener
11) What do repeater components do?
12) How do you identify a component created in a repeater?

I'm sure we can come up with plenty more questions.  If you want to
know the answers to any, simply ask in the forums.  Some of these are
more open ended.  Also, for "hit rate" I'd expect and medium-level
Flex developer to score maybe a 50% if this was a test graded with
partial credit.  80-90%+ for experts.

-Nick Matelli
Amentra, Inc

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jeffry Houser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   I'd have an easier time answering the questions as you go 'down' the
> list.
>
>   I'd have problems explaining the first one in great detail without
> references in front of me (even though I deal with that stuff every
> day). :-)  I think it's a great question, though.
>
> ecancil wrote:
> >

> > Id say they can answer all of the questions fairly satisfactorily if
> > they're a good candidate. If they have a problem with one of the
> > questions they usually have problems with the rest.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,