Thanks for the reply.  I am completely new to programming on the server side
working
only with stand alone apps in the past.

We have no solution in place for PDF generation at the moment on the server.
And
whatever we do has to be open source.  We don't want to send the actual reports
via email,
just a link for the user to go download it from the server.

As far as distributing the data from a requesting client (who wants to create a
new auto-
generated report) to the server and then from the server out to subscribers who
could
produce the report for publication, I am a lost.  I tried out the BlazeDS trial
for datapush
and it seems promising, but I have no idea how the messagebroker works really
and
especially how it might receive data from producers (requesting clients).  I've
also read a
bit on JMS and it looks promising, but seems to be complicated to implement.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Does anyone have any experience with BlazeDS?  Is it even necessary?
>
> Not if polling suffices, or you just email them to the users.
>
> > And as far as the PDF generation, I had looked into Alive PDF, but is there
> > a better/easier solution?
>
> Depends what you have server-side already.
>
> --
> Tom Chiverton
> Helping to carefully bully granular design-patterns
> on: http://thefalken.livejournal.com

> This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
>
> Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and
> Wales under
registered number OC307980 whose registered office address is at Halliwells
LLP, 3
Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3EB.  A list of members is
available for
inspection at the registered office. Any reference to a partner in relation to
Halliwells LLP
means a member of Halliwells LLP.  Regulated by The Solicitors Regulation
Authority.

> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may
> be
confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee you must not
read it and
must not use any information contained in nor copy it nor inform any person
other than
Halliwells LLP or the addressee of its existence or contents.  If you have
received this email
in error please delete it and notify Halliwells LLP IT Department on 0870 365
2500.