There are several JS based sanity checks out on the web that you can adopt to
AS.

One important factor is preserving UTF8 once you have it in Flex.
All data transactions as well, should be UTF8.

For example: your server-side script (bi-directionally) for UTF8

And your database should be setup for UTF8.

If you are using PHP you can add

iconv_set_encoding("input_encoding", "UTF-8");
iconv_set_encoding("output_encoding", "UTF-8");
iconv_set_encoding("internal_encoding", "UTF-8");

to the beginning of your scripts.....

Alternatively, you can use mySQL_query("SET NAMES UTF8") in your server-side
scripts.

HTH

--
Ben Marchbanks

::: alQemy ::: transforming information into intelligence
http://www.alQemy.com

::: magazooms ::: digital magazines
http://www.magazooms.com

Greenville, SC