Thanks Sherif and Gus for your ideas-- the ImageSnapshot class works
great.

For anyone else wanting to do this, here's a code snippet to capture
a component's visuals (component is named "comp") into an image
control (named "imgSnapshot") that's dimensionally 25% of the size of
the original component:

var matrix: Matrix = new Matrix()
matrix.scale(.25,.25)
var bmpData: BitmapData = ImageSnapshot.captureBitmapData(comp,matrix)
imgSnapshot.source = new Bitmap(bmpData)

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Gus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> you could also use the ImageSnapshot class to take a picture of the
> window before minimize it, and then assign it to your minimized item
> and then show it when mouse over
>
> HTH
> GUS
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Sherif Abdou <sherif626@> wrote:
> >
> > you can use the bitmap class draw() method and what not, then
scale
> that image and just use States. So on State will show it and off
state
> wont

Sort

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?