I have been trying to write my own application with BlazeDS for a while now and
am
having no success.  I've downloaded the test run and looked at it over and
over.  I'd like to
get a single producer to send messages to a java app which would run on the
server.  This
java app would notify a consumer app when new data is available.  I want to
send these
messages to a persistently running java app, not just access an instance of the
object.

I want to use mx:Producer in one flex app to send the data to the java app
which I
presume I'd have to define as a destination in the config files.  I want
another flex app to
use mx:Consumer to get the data from the java app.  This seems like it would be
easy, but
the samples in the BlazeDS don't cover this, they just have a java app
(Feed.java) pumping
bogus data to a consumer but don't tell you how to send the data via a
Producer.  And
they also show a chat app sending text between two istances of the same flex
app and
seem to bypass the server side altogether.

I see in the datapush example that the java app uses AsynchronousMessage to
send the
data to the consumer.  But how does java read incoming messages?  I'd really
not like to
use JMS because I only want this very simple three-way messaging to work.  I
can't even
rebuild the datapush example in a separate directory in the webapps directory
because it
generates an error.  It seems like the actual programming won't be that hard
for all of this,
but getting everything configured seems like a mystery to me.  There are two
WEB-INF
directories and duplicates of the config files as well.  I'm confused...