From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dominic Pazula
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:23 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Events and .dispatchEvent();

This is probably a real easy one.

I have a manager for my RPC processes that extends EventDispatcher.  I
have 2 custom events (fault and result) that extend the RPC ResultEvent
and FaultEvent.  I have listeners in the manager that catch the rpc
events, use them to create my events, stopPropagation() on the RPC
event, and then use this.dispatchEvent(myevent) to send my event along.

Sometimes this works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I often get errors like
the following:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
talonlib.events::[EMAIL PROTECTED] to mx.rpc.events.MyFaultEvent.

I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere?  Can anyone see this off the
top of their head, or know of a good resource to look into to learn more
about this topic?

Thanks

Dominic