Hello!

I am currently a bit clueless regarding using Flex components. I am
currently trying to port a .NET component to Flex. Only I have some
problems. In a simplified form the problem is that I am trying to add
childs to the component. The idea is to use public method to add nodes
to the component. The code could be:

    var node: MyNode = new MyNode();
    node.width = node.height = 125;
    myComponentInstance.addNode( node );

The addNode-method is basically contains:

    public function addNode( node: MyNode ): void {
        _nodeContainer.addChild( DisplayObject(node) );
        invalidateDisplayList();
   }

The _nodeContainer is a Sprite class which gets created in the overriden
createChildren-method. Now I would be expected that the MyNode-instance
(which just draws a simple rectangle 125x125) would be shown. Sadly
enough, this is not the case.

Does anyone know what should be done to get this working?

Yours,
Weyert de Boer