I'm actually writing a tutorial series on Community MX about that very
topic <http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=AEF3D>. In the coming
weeks there will be articles about creating Flash components and porting
them to Flex, so stay tuned.

For now you could try some of the articles up on Adobe Dev Connection:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/skins_styles.html
http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/features/video/glenn_ruehle/
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/video_flex.html
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/flex_component_workflow_print.html

Joseph Balderson | http://joeflash.ca
Flex & Flash Platform Developer | Abobe Certified Developer & Trainer
Author, Professional Flex 3 (coming Winter 2008)
Staff Writer, Community MX | http://communitymx.com/author.cfm?cid=4674

Kenneth Sutherland wrote:

> Anyone recommend some good tutorials for creating a flash component that
> I can export into flex and change its values from flex.
>
> I’ve followed the following example on
> http://lordbron.wordpress.com/2007/05/01/flex-component-kit-step-by-step/
> which was pretty helpful.
>
> I’ve managed to create a component using the above example that can
> change its state but I’m unsure as to how to create in flash changeable
> properties.
>
> Say for example you wish to create the above example from the link (for
> those that haven’t looked at the link it creates a blue ball that
> expands and contracts depending on its state) but as well as changing
> its size say you wished to give it a dynamic colour, or similar that
> would be settable at run time.
>

> I’ve only just started to look at flash so if anyone could point me in
> the direction of some tutorials or tell me how it’s done that would be
> great. Most of the examples I’ve looked at so far do not have dynamic
> properties or miss out the steps that an experienced flash dev would
> probably know like the back of their hand J, but the whole timeline
> thing is still a bit for foreign to me right now.
>

> Cheers.
>

> Kenneth Sutherland
>
> Technical Developer
>
> Realise Ltd
>
> 0131 476 7432
>
> _www.realise.com <http://www.realise.com>_
>
> "enlightened e-business solutions"
>

> Disclaimer

> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
> individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
> recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
> the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
> this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone on 0131
> 476 6000 and delete the material from your computer.
> Registered in Scotland number: SC 172507.
> Registered office address: Quay House 142 Commercial Street Edinburgh
> EH6 6LB.
>
> This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: