you can do this to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:TextInput xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
creationComplete="initThis()" displayAsPassword="true"
borderStyle="none" alpha="0.0" focusEnabled="true">

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

private function initThis():void

{

this.addEventListener(FocusEvent.FOCUS_IN, changeState);

this.addEventListener(FocusEvent.FOCUS_OUT, changeState);

}

private function changeState(event:FocusEvent):void

{

if(event.type == FocusEvent.FOCUS_IN)

{

currentState = 'selected';

}

else{

currentState = '';

]]>

</mx:Script>

<mx:states>

<mx:State name="selected">

<mx:SetProperty name="alpha" value="1.0"/>

<mx:SetStyle name="borderStyle" value="solid"/>

</mx:State>

</mx:states>

</mx:TextInput>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Falling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>