cool.

This discussion needs some resolving though.

I'm all for the creation of another 15 lists.
With all the cross-posting, subject-meta, gmail, stats,
my-left-arm-is-longer-than-my-right arguments, my vote is still with
the split.

best-practices, architecture, components, unit-testing, deployment,
flash-flex, remote services, java-flex architectures, design ux,
announcements, etc..

lets do it.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Freiman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
"Daniel
> > Freiman" <FreimanCQ@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree that a FAQ seems like a good idea no matter what. Is anyone
> > against
> > > this idea independent of the argument of whether or not to split the
> > list?
> > >
> > > As far as splitting lists, I still think if people want to propose
> > potential
> > > new lists, they need to be much more explicit about what the list
> > will be
> > > for. I'll take the "enterprise" example. Let's assume for a second
> > it has
> > > only one correct meaning (which is an assumption I agree with,
but many
> > > people disagree with me on that). "Enterprise" has become a
> > buzzword with
> > > many different commonly understood meanings, and most of those
> > meanings are
> > > vague. There's no way for everyone on the list to be sure that we're
> > > talking about the same thing unless someone explicitly spells out
> > what we
> > > are talking about (I'm not going to because I'm against having a
> > > "enterprise" list given every way I know to interpret the word).
> > And if we
> > > don't have a common understanding of the proposal we can't
efficiently
> > > criticize/support/amend the proposal. I'm not saying there has to
> > be a fine
> > > line separating the lists, but it should at least be a fuzzy line.
> > >
> > > Also, to Bjorn, that's a point I hadn't thought of. The idea of
> > having an
> > > arch/concepts list might be interesting. The two questions I
would have
> > > would be: 1) would the questions on this list have any connection to
> > Flex
> > > other than the fact that the users code in Flex (I think it probably
> > would)
> > > or would it just be piggybacking on the user base; 2) Will it avoid
> > > stratification of the user base (i.e. will it be practically
> > accessible to
> > > users of all skill levels)?
> > >
> > > Lastly, I'm going to reiterate my opinion that we shouldn't
separate the
> > > lists based on skill/level difficulty. The distinction is too fuzzy
> > (Too
> > > much cross-posting and too much posting to the wrong list).
> > Sometimes you
> > > don't know if you're question is advanced or not until you get the
> > answer.
> > > I've had a few times where I've asked what I thought was a simple
> > question
> > > and the response from Gordon was "I talked to a guy on the player
> > team..."
> > > If a question has a one line answer it can't be complex...unless
the one
> > > line required going through the player or compiler code to

Cookbook for