Setting form="horizontal" for a chart LineSeries e.g.

<mx:LineSeries id ="mySeries1"
  form = "horizontal">
</mx:LineSeries>

"horizontal": Draws only the vertical line from the x-coordinate of
the first point to the x-coordinate of the second point at the
y-coordinate of the second point. Repeats this for each data point.

I want to adjust the x-coordinate starting position of the segments,
and rather than write a custom item renderer thought it would be
efficient to adjust the behaviour of "horizontal" However I am looking
through the code of LineSeries.as, have found

[Style(name="form", type="String",
enumeration="segment,step,reverseStep,vertical,horizontal,curve",
inherit="no")]

and not sure where to go from here? TIA,

Mic.