James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what is the real reason for the latency?
> I use Linux, and users can get high quality, reliable 2ms latency on a
> very modest PC. That 2ms latency is with a Linux application called
> Ardour, that users use for real time audio capture, effects and
> playback. The same latency should be able to be achieved with any Linux
> application.

I know almost nothing about Linux, but a friend of mine who does, once told me
that the Linux kernel has some long paths
in the disk I/O management area that run with interrupts disabled. I wonder how
this could allow to have a "guarantee"
of 2ms latency. But, as said, my knowledge of Linux is nil.

73  Alberto  I2PHD