Jack,

Now we're getting somewhere.  :)  What you are hearing is the DDS
retuning.  When this happens, you get a glitch in the audio.  The reason
you only hear it every 3.051kHz when Spur Reduction is on is because we
only retune the DDS every 3.051kHz in that algorithm (fine tuning is
done in software).  When Spur Reduction is off, we retune the DDS with
each and every change to the VFO.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems